Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Poem Published

I'm delighted to have a poem published in the current issue of the online WOW!Literary Magazine. This online magazine of poetry and prose is published by Wordsonthestreet in Galway. The poem is called Tomorrow and was written towards the end of last summer hence the mention of foxgloves and rain.

My first instinct when looking at a poem of mine in print on paper or online is to wish that I had spent more time on it. This is especially true if the poem is in free verse, if it is in a received form then there is I think a more finished feel to it. Anyway I think this one works reasonably well.

It's in good company. The magazine also has poems by well-known Irish poets Gréagóir Ó Dúill and Liam Aungier.

Wordsonthestreet is run by novelist and short story writer, Gerardine Burke and poet and fiction writer, Tony O'Dwyer. Both are also members of the editorial board of Crannóg Magazine since its foundation.

No comments: