Thursday, October 1, 2009

All Ireland Poetry Day

First this morning we have the Poetry in the Cathedral event in St Patrick's Church of Ireland Cathedral, Trim at 11pm. According to the Poetry Ireland website this is the only event for the day in Co Meath so we have no idea how many will attend. We will bring along some anthologies of poetry so that attendees can pick poems to read if they wish. The cathedral is a superb venue, old stonework and years of history behind it.

What to read in a cathedral? I have a few poems which have religious references in them, me serving Mass, a religious carving (left) I saw in the Victoria and Albert Museum in London etc. I might read some of those.

Then at 8pm in the Cavan Crystal Hotel, Cavan town, there is the launch of the Windows Publications Introductions Series No 9 which included three of my poems. I haven't seen this book yet but if it is as well presented as previous ones then it should be very good. I may or may not have to read in Cavan - there is a Trim launch in a week.

So a full day of poetry today

No comments: