Saturday, July 7, 2012

Tale of a Tub Reading


Lots going on today in Trim. The one-day reading of the whole of Swift's Tale of a Tub took place in Market Street with readers having a choice of reading in the tub with shoes on, with shoes off or ignoring the tub. Above a good friend of the festival, UCD Professor Andrew Carpenter, one of the early readers.

I read my two pages, contributed to the Aware charity and got my certificate. 

A good crowd attended my talk on Gulliver as Comic Book Hero. They listened attemtively, laughed at the correct moments and some came up to me to discuss comics afterwards. I enjoyed it!

Tomorrow, the last day of the festival, sees the final of the 5 minute drama and the Battle of the Books as part of the Bite of Satire: Lunch and Extras event. Tickets have been selling well for this I hear.

We have rehearsed my play and my actors will do their best as will the Boyne Writers Group in the satire competition. No sign of the Meath Writers Circle around the town today - they must be training in secret somewhere. Good luck lads!!

No comments: